In the real world you have to do things other than bike riding and eating, and for this reason I’ve put the blog to one side a little recently. It’s no bad thing because it means I’ve been super-duper busy, which I love.
The week before last I travelled to Nantes for the 2014 team get together which was certainly special!
Things that were ticked off the list:
- Carrying/dragging a 30kg bike bag most of the way across a French city, in the rain.
- Exploring Nantes city centre for a few evenings, and staying at a swanky hotel.
- Meeting the riders and management staff.
- Running around a forest in plimsolls with a load of French boys.
- Getting a bit drunk, standing on a chair and making a short speech in a foreign language.
- Sleeping in a barn.
- Doing some BMX-ing and not breaking any bones! (I’m not sure I did it right).
It can be classed as a big success, although it did completely destroy me as I was ill when I went out there and even ill-er on my return. I’m back to my old self now (finally), thankfully, after getting quite bored not being able to train.
It’s just as well too: I’m writing this from the sunny climes of Tenerife. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it! I’m plotting a monstrous ride for Sam and I tomorrow, so it’s not all fun and games, but I’m really happy and grateful to be out here.
There’s no internet at our place so to post this I’ve snuck around the back of Maccy Ds to steal their wifi.
Living. The. Dream.
Ciao for now Chicas!